Since its formation in 1982, the Future for Oneonta Foundation has provided more than $800,000 in program support to area non-profits that focus on three key areas-arts and culture, beautification and community engagement. In 2022, the Future for Oneonta Foundation made a $50,000 donation to the Susquehanna Greenway project. In 2023 and beyond the Future for Oneonta is focusing on transformational projects that will benefit all citizens of our wonderful community.
• Promote improvement of the quality of living and the general welfare of the community and the citizens of Greater Oneonta;
• Stimulate interest in the civic affairs of the community;
• Support the cultural and civic needs of the community; and
• Solicit donations from the public to accumulate sufficient funds to support the purposes of the Foundation.
• The Foundation awards money to non-profits with a focus on three areas-arts and culture, beautification and community engagement.
Future’s stated purpose is:
The Foundation is a legally created corporation authorized to receive gifts, trusts, property or money for investment through its fiscal agent, the Community Bank, Oneonta, and to authorize expenditures for designated purposes or perpetuate the grants and gifts as the donor or grantor shall specify.
1. General funds, which are not given for any specific project.
2. Directed funds, which are given for specific purposes or projects.
The Future for Oneonta Foundation Board of Directors is dedicated to making transformational change in Oneonta by funding organizations that align with our vision and values.
In addition to giving out small grants to non-profits during our June and December disbursement schedule. The Future for Oneonta Foundation will focus on funding large transformational projects that will benefit Oneonta residents.